08 September 2009

Whether We'll Weather The Weather!

Hi Hive!

Meet Miss Bear Cub: Professional Amateur Meteorologist!

The forecast for the Pacific Northwest US over the next few weeks is:

...

I don't know. :)

But I do have a few tricks up my sleeve! Enter the Four Three Horsemen of precipitation and cold fronts:

Accuweather
As the name suggests, this must be the "accurate" weather forecast! I've been checking accuweather for their long-range (15 day!) predictions.
So far, so good - sunny and clear! For coastal Oregon, this is a near miracle. But the forecast could change tomorrow!

That's why there's...

Weather.com

C'mon, you know you use this one. It's in the name. Even my dad uses this one. Standard, normal, not-too-daring in their predictions, yet just-enough of a sneak peak into next week!
But meh... I wanna know about my wedding weekend now! Me! Me! Me! No! No! No! ... No Rain!

And sheesh weather.com - mostly sunny? Partly cloudy? Sounds like someone needs to grow a pair!

And finally, there's ol' reliable...

NOAA
This is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. They know their poop. They're also really really conservative with their estimates. (7-day forecast? how passé)
This is good when you want accuracy (in your face accuweather!), but not-so-hot when you're a bride to be wishing to predict the cold fronts for oh, I don't know ... ROMANCE AND MARRIAGE! Gawh, NOAA!

Let's get real - no one can accurately predict the weather more than about 3-5 days out. That's why every day now I'm checking these three sites - one for reliability, one control group, and one to toy with my mood.

Have you gained a new hobby in forecasting the weather, conveniently near your wedding venue? What's your favorite hocus-pocus precipitation predictor?

5 comments:

  1. Three Horsemen, hehe. I would add www.wunderground.com. That's my go to site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be fine! The weather this time of year on the coast is usually perfect... It's hard not to sweat it though. I'm totally jealous, I miss OR so miss, I feel like I need to live vicariously through you and the rest of my Oregon peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If love is surrounding every where then of course weather would be awesome? Isn't it? Anyways, its up to you man how do you enjoy weather any type eithe summer, winter and autonm.
    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. . I'm totally jealous, I miss OR so miss, I feel like I need to live vicariously through you and the rest of my Oregon peeps

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I need to live vicariously through you and the rest of my Oregon peeps
    jump manual

    ReplyDelete