29 January 2010

oiling the gears

Man I'm rusty at blogging!  hoo-boy. 

Everything since the wed-wed has just been crazy, in a very dull sort of way.  None of it really seemed all that interesting to me, so why would it be interesting for the internets, right?  Plus I know none of you are really interested in what happened after the wedding ;) - you want to know what happened AT the wedding.

I'll get there! I promi.  I need to sort through some things first.  Pictures, obviously, but thoughts most importantly.  Up until this point, I've been blogging about my ideal of a life in the states.  Realistically, I need to get my head out of the clouds.  I live in Chile, I work in Chile, and I'll be in Chile for the next year and a half (or so...).  As much as I may (or may NOT!!!) like this, it's my life right now.  And for the past few months, whenever I think about our wedding, or moving back to the states, it feels like I'm just trying to escape reality.  And that's not healthy.

So, if you'll bear with me, I'll get these rusty gears oiled soon enough.  I'll blog about our wedding (which was absolute bliss, btw), I'll transition to blogging about who knows what (tbd obv), and, of course, there will be beautiful pictures.

Always, beautiful pictures.

(except in this post.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read about all the things you mentioned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! We've missed you. Can't wait to hear more about the wedding, and hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weddings are exciting, just like any event. But isn't life after the most fascinating part? How we grow to hopefully life long partners, how you deal with the not so ok. Life is far more interesting than fairy tales (which end with the wedding). Maybe fairy tales brain-washed us to much.

    ReplyDelete